Green White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
We’re starting to get into the Green theme around here for St. Patrick’s day! Here’s a fun one…green cookies from Practical Mommy!
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Green food coloring (about 12 drops)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy.
- Mix the butter and the sugars together until they are smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix it until they are combined.
- Then add in the dry ingredients – I just dump the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt on top of the butter and sugar mixture. Gently stir the dry ingredients together first and then mix everything together.
- At this point add in the green food coloring. I started with 6 drops and mixed them in. Then I added more drops until it reached a deep green color that I liked, which ended up being 12 drops.
- Remember that the dough will look darker in color than it will after it is baked. So you might want to make it a little darker than you think you will need.
- Final step – add in the white chocolate chips. Add as many as you like, I used about a 1/2 cup.
- Shape the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place them on the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
Photo and recipe credit from Practical Mommy