Spicy Tapatio Pasta
- 1/2 pound pasta of your choice – $0.50
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil – $0.15
- 1/2 onion, diced – $0.25
- 2 cloves garlic, minced – $0.02
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped – $1.99
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes – $0.79
- 1.5 cup cooked black beans – $0.63
- 1/4 cup salsa – $0.42
- 1 tbsp chili powder – $0.05
- 1 tsp ground cumin – $0.05
- 2 tbsp Tapatio, or to taste – $0.05
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- While cooking pasta, in a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onions until translucent. Add garlic, chili powder, ground cumin and cook just until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, hot sauce, and salsa and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, mix in kale, black beans, and pasta and cook just until kale has wilted. Serve with sour cream and cheese or eat as is for a vegan main course!
Makes approximately five servings.
Total Cost: $4.90
Cost Per Serving: $0.98
Thanks Dollar Friendly Meals
Follow The Nikolai Nuthouse on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or Google+ and never miss a freebie or deal again!
(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.)